Show Tags Catalog Detail
World War I (1914-1919) | Germany - History - 1871-1918 | Pictorial works | World War, 1914-1918 - Aerial operations, German | Airplanes, Military - Germany - History | Photographic print | Airplanes, Military | Military operations, Aerial - German | Germany | 1871-1918 | History | Globe Photo Service
German motors towing aeroplane.
Picture shows a German automobile towing a wingless airplane.
- OCLC #: 841309564
- Physical Location: Special Collections — Photographs — PHOTO 00179
- Production, Publication, Distribution, Manufacture, and Copyright Notice: [Germany] :Chicago, IL : K.U. W, Kriegsministerium PressBureau, Globe Photo Service, [between 1914-1918?] [between 1914-1918?]
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : black and white ; 18 x 15 cm
- General Notes:
- Title from news agency caption.
- "G-#106- Germany is making fresh efforts to deliver an effective raid on London. Hundreds of machines were used in the recent raids and this photo shows the novel way in which the Germans shipped the planes to the starting point so as not to forewarn the British of an early raid. In one of the raids the planes were only 21/2 hours on the trip and succeeded in dropping over 80 bombs causing much damage."
- "K.U.W, Kriegsministerium Pressbureau."
- "From Globe Photo Service 189 W. Madison St. Chicago."
- Electronic Access: