Holiday Cards for Our Troops
Letters and cards from home are a valuable morale booster for troops stationed overseas during the holidays. To show our appreciation and support for our deployed troops this holiday season, the Pritzker Military Museum & Library is partnering with United Soldiers and Sailors of America to send holiday cards to soldiers stationed around the globe. Throughout the month of November, visitors to the PMML can stop by our card-writing station in our 2nd floor gallery to create a drawing, letter or hand-written card for a deployed soldier. We will be collecting cards during museum operating hours starting Tuesday, November 1 through Wednesday, November 30, 2022.
Not able to get to the PMML to make a card in person? No problem! Send in your drawing or letter and we'll include that when we send everything we've received. Visit the PMML Family Programs page to download a letter template, or make your own!
Please send any cards to:
Pritzker Military Museum & Library
c/o PMML Public Programs
104 S. Michigan Ave, Suite 400
Chicago, IL 60603
All submissions MUST be received NO LATER THAN Wednesday, November 30 to ensure that troops stationed around the world receive your cards in time for Christmas.
If you write a card at home and send it to the PMML, please:
- Feel free to sign your name, city, or town, as well as your business, church group, place of worship, school, college or organization
- Include messages of support, peace, and goodwill during the holiday season; thank them for their service
- Include your personal return address or email address in the message or on the cards
- Seal your cards in envelopes. All cards are vetted and screened by volunteers before they are mixed and boxed for shipment, so please do not include envelopes
- Use glitter or any other product that could come loose in transit