- Frank Jones: Blowtorch
- Robert Patton: Patriot Pirates
- William Foley: Visions from a Foxhole
- Karl Marlantes: Matterhorn: A Novel of the Vietnam War
- Nick Del Calzo: Medal of Honor: Portraits of Valor Beyond the Call of Duty
- John Woodbridge and Maurice Possley: Hitler in the Crosshairs
- John W. Hall: Uncommon Defense
- The 132nd Infantry Regiment on Guadalcanal
- Sean Parnell: Outlaw Platoon
- Andrew Meier: The Lost Spy
- See All
James D. Hornfischer: Neptune's Inferno: The U.S. Navy at Guadalcanal
James Hornfischer is also the author of Ship of Ghosts and The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors, winner of the Samuel Eliot Morison Award.
When he's not writing, he works as a literary agent. In his 18 years on that side of the business, he has helped put 16 of his clients' books on the New York Times bestseller list, including three #1s. A native of Massachusetts, he lives in Austin with his wife and their three children.