- Dennis Showalter, Challenges High Command and at the Sharp End: A Look at the Human Aspects of the Battle of the Bulge
- Gerhard Weinberg, The Ardennes Decision: Why Hitler Went West Vs. East
- Sir Hew Strachan, The First Last Stand: The Spring Offensives Of 1918
- Paul Scharre, Army of None: Autonomous Weapons and the Future of War
- William Trimble: Admiral John S. McCain
- Jim Dubik: Just War Reconsidered
- Tom Hone, The Battle of Midway: The Naval Institute Guide to the U.S. Navy's Greatest Victory
- Benjamin Runkle: Generals in the Making
- Major General Brian E. Winski: Commanding General, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) & Fort Campbell
- Paula Thornhill: Demystifying the Modern Military
- See All
Front & Center with John Callaway: The U-505 Submarine Story
Gordon F. Hohne, Zenon B. Lukosius, Wayne M. Pickels and Phillip N. Trusheim—veterans of USS Pillsbury and members the USS Guadalcanal's U-505 Boarding Party—and Keith Gill, U-505 Curator, Museum of Science and Industry, join John Callaway for this special episode of Front & Center with John Callaway.
This program provides amazing accounts of bravery, ingenuity, fortitude and persistence told with compassion and even humor by the members who served during World War II aboard the USS Pillsbury, part of the USS Guadalcanal Task Group 22.3. Each received the Silver Star for his gallant efforts in the capture of the U-505.