- Enemy in the Vietnam War: Tim O'Brien & Karl Marlantes
- Never Forget: Antony Beevor and Rick Atkinson
- The Ongoing Story of USS Pueblo, with Executive Officer Edward R. Murphy, Jr.: Citizen Soldier
- Cyber War: The Next Battlefield
- On the Brink of World War I: Citizen Soldier
- SEAL: The Unspoken Sacrifice
- The Big Red One on D-Day
- The Fiction of War, with Tim O'Brien and Karl Marlantes
- The Tuskegee Airmen of World War II
- Winston Churchill is The Last Lion
- See All
Nazi Concentration Camp Liberators
The first-hand experience of the American G.I.s who liberated the prisoners in the extensive network of Nazi concentration camps during WWII is something most cannot fathom, but will never be forgotten. This panel discusses the stories and sights from one of the most gruesome periods in history. Sponsored by the National WWII Museum.
This panel is made up of two academic scholars, an award winning broadcast journalist, and three Dachau Liberators.
DR. WAITMAN BEORN, Louis and Frances Blumkin Professor of Holocaust and Genocide Studies at University of Nebraska Omaha, and author of Marching into Darkness: The Wehrmacht and the Holocaust in Belarus. His book explores the participation of the German Army in the Holocaust in the occupied Soviet Union.
DR. KEITH HUXEN is a former Associate Professor and college administrator at the Baton Rouge Community College, and is now the Senior Director of Research and History at The National WWII Museum.
MICHAEL HIRSH, a New York Times bestselling author, spent 40 years as a broadcast journalist. He’s won eight Emmy Awards, a Peabody Award, a Writers Guild of America Award, a Vietnam Veterans Excellence in the Arts Award. He is the author of The Liberators: America's Witnesses to the Holocaust.
MAJOR GENERAL WILLIAM LEVINE U.S. Army Reserves, Dachau Liberator, 34th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Brigade. At the time of liberation, Levine was a Captain in the U.S. Army.
DAN BAKER, WWII Dachau Liberator, 42nd Infantry Division.
DON JACKSON, WWII Dachau Liberator, 40th Combat Engineer Regiment.