Copyright 2016 Pritzker Military Museum & Library. All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions
1. Acceptance of Terms. Your access to and use of the Pritzker Military Museum & Library Web Site (the “Site”) is subject on your compliance with the following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions herein. Pritzker Military Museum & Library may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting. Your continued use of this Site is contingent upon your agreement to be bound by any such revisions. You can view the most current version of the Terms and Conditions at any time by visiting this web page. Please note that web sites launched by any affiliates, subsidiaries or divisions of the Pritzker Military Museum & Library are governed by separate terms and conditions.
2. Description of Services. The Site provides users with access to a rich collection of information and data about the Pritzker Military Museum & Library. Users are able to obtain information about the operations of and events at the Pritzker Military Museum & Library, take a virtual tour of the Pritzker Military Museum & Library, explore various exhibits and collections owned and maintained by the Pritzker Military Museum & Library, download and livestream videos, podcasts, webcasts and other content, read feature stories and press releases, shop in the online store, and become members of the Pritzker Military Museum & Library. Organizations can purchase subscriptions to the Pritzker Military Museum & Library’s VETERANS INFORMATION CENTER program. Users can also purchase commemorative gifts through the Pritzker Military Museum & Library’s COMMEMORATE THEIR SERVICE program. Please see the “User Submission” section, paragraph 3 for Terms and Conditions applicable to postings on the COMMEMORATE THEIR SERVICE portion of this Site. Users can also submit inquires via an e-mail form or submit a resume for consideration for a position of employment at the Pritzker Military Museum & Library (collectively, the “Services”).
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Site any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or other material that would violate applicable law.
By submitting, placing material on or communicating with this Site, you hereby grant the Pritzker Military Museum & Library a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, modify, display, distribute and reproduce all such materials in any form, media, software or technology of any kind now existing or developed in the future. You also agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Pritzker Military Museum & Library harmless against any claims or costs, including attorneys’ fees, arising from the use or distribution of those materials. You further grant the Pritzker Military Museum & Library the right to use your name in connection with the reproduction or distribution of such material.
4. Interactive Areas. This Site’s forums, bulletin boards and chat rooms are provided to give users 18 years of age and older an interesting and stimulating forum in which they can express their opinions and share their ideas. The Pritzker Military Museum & Library does not endorse the accuracy of any advice, opinion or statement or information posted on these forums, message boards, bulletin boards or chat rooms. Please use your best judgment, and be respectful of other individuals when using these forums. Do not use vulgar, abusive, or hateful language. You may not use this Site’s forums, message boards, bulletin boards or chat rooms for advertising or promotional materials or for any other form of solicitation. Uploading copyrighted or other proprietary material of any kind to this Site without the express permission of the owner of that material is prohibited and may result in civil and/or criminal liability.
Given the nature of this Site and the volume of messages and postings, the Pritzker Military Museum & Library cannot and does not monitor all of the material posted or transmitted by users and third-party information providers. While you agree that the Pritzker Military Museum & Library will not be liable for such material, the Pritzker Military Museum & Library reserves the right to delete, move or edit any communication, posting or content that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate these Terms and Conditions; harmful to individuals or communities, obscene; defamatory; in violation of Pritzker Military Museum & Library’s or any third-party’s rights; or otherwise unacceptable.
5. Prohibited Activities and Content. The following is a partial list of the kinds of activities and content that are prohibited on or through this Site: (a) submitting content that is patently offensive to the online community, such as content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; (b) engaging in activities or submitting content that could be harmful to minors; (c) engaging in activities or submitting content that harasses or advocates harassment of another person; (d) engaging in activities that involve the transmission of “junk mail” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spam”; (e) engaging in activities, or submitting content, or promoting information that is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous; (f) submitting content that contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images; (g) submitting content that displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind; (h) submitting content that provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses; (i) engaging in activities or submitting content that solicits passwords or personally identifiable information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; and (j) engaging in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising and pyramid schemes.
7. Copyrights. Pritzker Military Museum & Library either owns the intellectual property rights in the underlying HTML, text, images, audio clips, podcasts, video clips, software or other content (collectively “Content”) that is made available to you on this Site, has obtained permission of the owner of the intellectual property in such Content, or otherwise has the right to use the Content on this Site. Except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, Pritzker Military Museum & Library prohibits the copying, redistribution, modification or public display of any Content on this Site without its express written permission.
Pritzker Military Museum & Library hereby authorizes you to display on your computer, download and print pages of this Site, subject to the following provisions: (i) the copyright and other proprietary notices appear on all such printouts; (ii) the information will not be altered in any manner; (iii) you do not use the Content in a manner that suggests an association with any Pritzker Military Museum & Library’s products, services or brands; (iv) you do not download quantities of materials to a database that can be used to avoid future downloads from this Site, and (v) the Content is only to be used for personal, educational and non-commercial use and will not be redistributed, broadcast or copied to any other media. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right under any patent, trademark, copyright or other intellectual property right of Pritzker Military Museum & Library or any third party.
8. Trademarks. The trademarks, logos and services marks identified by ®, ™ or SM symbols or which appear in type form different from that of the surrounding text, including but not limited to PRITZKER MILITARY MUSEUM & LIBRARY, PMML and PMML and Design, are marks owned or licensed by Pritzker Military Museum & Library or third parties. Pritzker Military Museum & Library claims neither ownership in, nor any affiliation with, and third-party trademarks appearing on this Site. Such third-party trademarks are used only to identify their respective owners, and no sponsorship or endorsement on the part of Pritzker Military Museum & Library should be inferred from use of these marks.
9. External Links. Pritzker Military Museum & Library may provide links to third party web sites, and some of the content appearing to be on this Site may in fact be supplied by third parties. Pritzker Military Museum & Library assumes no liability for any damages you may suffer from visiting such linked web sites, including without limitation, damages caused by computer viruses, malware, Trojan horses or other destructive/disruptive code which may be downloaded from such linked web sites.
Any links contained on this Site shall not be construed as an endorsement by Pritzker Military Museum & Library of any such linked web site. Pritzker Military Museum & Library has not reviewed or researched the full content on these linked web sites and shall not be held responsible should you encounter any materials that may appear inaccurate, indecent or illegal.
10. Access to this Site. You agree that you will not: (a) use any undocumented or unsupported method, as defined by common industry standards, to access, search, scrape, download or change anything on Web Site; (b) use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Site; and (c) take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Pritzker Military Museum & Library's hardware and software infrastructure.
Pritzker Military Museum & Library does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for use or publication in its programming or in other digital, electronic or print media except in connection with the forums, bulletin boards and chat rooms of this web site. Pritzker Military Museum & Library shall not be responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to this web site.
11. Notification of Copyright Infringement. It is Pritzker Military Museum & Library 's policy to respond to claims of intellectual property infringement. Pritzker Military Museum & Library will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2) ("DMCA") and other applicable intellectual property laws.
Pursuant to the DMCA, if you believe that content appearing on this Site infringes any copyright rights, please send a notification of copyright infringement to Pritzker Military Museum & Library's Designated Agent for this web site:
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
a) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
b) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
c) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
d) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
e) A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
f) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Although Pritzker Military Museum & Library uses reasonable efforts to maintain the accuracy and currency of the Content of this Site, Pritzker Military Museum & Library makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy or currency. This Site may contain typographical errors and technical inaccuracies. Pritzker Military Museum & Library assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the Content of this Site.
Although Pritzker Military Museum & Library uses reasonable efforts to ensure that all software provided at this Site is suitable for use on a wide variety of computer systems, you should take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses and ensure compatibility of the software with your specific computer system. Pritzker Military Museum & Library may update and/or modify the information contained on this Site at any time and without notice.
12. Disclaimer of Endorsements. PMML makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on the Web Site, however despite this effort references in the Web Site to any commercial products, processes, or services and the use of any trade name, trademark, corporation name or otherwise should not be viewed by You as PMML’s endorsement. Furthermore, the views and opinions that may be found in the various information, articles, and user postings shared on the Web Site do not necessarily reflect those of PMML and should not be used for any purpose as endorsed by the PMML.
13. Limitation of Liability.
IN NO EVENT WILL PRITZKER MILITARY MUSEUM & LIBRARY, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED IN THIS SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF PROSPECTIVE ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS SITE, ANY WEB SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, OR THE CONTENT CONTAINED ON ANY OR ALL SUCH WEB SITES, WHETHER OR NOT BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANOTHER PARTY. IF YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME ALL COSTS THEREOF.
BY USING THIS SITE, YOU HEREBY RELEASE PRITZKER MILITARY MUSEUM & LIBRARY, ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED OR UNSUSPECTED, THAT YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST THEM ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THIS SITE.
PRITZKER MILITARY MUSEUM & LIBRARY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE.
14. Termination. If you breach any of these Terms, your authorization to use this web site automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed Content.
15. General. You acknowledge and agree that, regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action you may have arising out of, or relating to, your use of this Site must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arises, or forever be barred.
Pritzker Military Museum & Library will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void or unenforceable for any reason, then any such provision shall be deemed severable to the extent that it is lawful, void or unenforceable, but shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
These terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois and the laws of the United States of America applicable therein without reference to the principles of conflicts of laws thereof. Any dispute arising from these Terms and/or your use of this Site shall be resolved exclusively by the state or federal courts located in Chicago, Illinois.
Last Updated on: 31 Mar 2016.
- What Personally Identifiable Information is collected from you.
- Use of the Personally Identifiable Information and with whom it may be shared.
- Choices available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
"Personally Identifiable Information” or “Personal information" means any information by which you can be identified or contacted, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, etc.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
PMML is the sole owner of the information collected on this Web Site. PMML only has access to the information that you voluntarily give PMML via email or other direct contact from you. You may provide information to PMML when you: (1)register for an account on the site; (2) communicate with PMML for assistance; (3) when you place an order or process a return; or (4) request items be sent to your home or business.
PMML will use the Personally Identifiable Information to process your order and deliver packages. PMML will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted PMML.
PMML will not sell or rent Personally Identifiable Information. PMML will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to trusted third party partners to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may also contact PMML to:
- See what data it has about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data it has about you.
- Request PMML delete any data it has about you.
- Express any concern you have about PMML’s use of your data.
California Privacy Rights
PMML does not provide any personal information to third parties, other than those directly affiliated with PMML, for their own direct marketing purposes. Residents of California are permitted by law to ask PMML for a statement describing what categories of personal information PMML may share with third parties or with corporate affiliates for those entities direct marketing purposes. If you want to request a statement, please contact PMML via the email address on the Web Site.
PMML takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Web Site, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever PMML collects sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While PMML uses encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, PMML also protects your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to Personally Identifiable Information. The computers/servers in which PMML may store Personally Identifiable Information are maintained in a secure environment.
PMML requests information from you on our order form. To buy from PMML, you must provide contact information (i.e. name and shipping address) and financial information (i.e. credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If PMML has trouble processing an order, it will use this information to contact you.
PMML may partner with trusted third party affiliates to help facilitate transactions. When that is the case, PMML will work closely with the partner to ensure that the transaction is appropriately handled and your Personally Identifiable Information is protected.
This Web Site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that PMML is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. PMML encourages its users to be aware when they leave the PMML site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that may collect personally identifiable information.
If you are not comfortable placing an order online, please phone the Pritzker Military Museum & Library to place an order via telephone at 312.374.9333 or email PMML () and a representative will contact you to place an order over the telephone.
PMML Member, Visitor, and Guest Policy
The Pritzker Military Musuem & Library (PMML) is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to programs, facilities, and admission. PMML Members will be afforded general membership benefits and access not routinely provided to non-members. If patrons anticipate needing any type of accommodation or has questions about the physical access provided, please contact the PMML at (312) 374-9333 in advance of participation or visit. While open to the public during scheduled hours and selected events, access to, and use of, the PMML may be limited due to private events or denied for due cause at the discretion of PMML staff. Due cause may include, but not be limited to: (1) failure to return books; (2) destruction of PMML property; (3) disturbance of other patrons; (4) any other conduct, behaviors, or actions within or with respect to the PMML conflicting with the general purpose of the PMML or such conduct that inhibits other patrons’ enjoyment of the PMML. Appeals may be submitted in writing to the PMML's President & CEO. Prosecution of cases of theft or mutilation of the PMML collection will be pursued to the fullest extent of the law.
General Audience Agreement for Broadcast Recordings and PMML Promotions
PMML reguarly records programs for broadcast and promotions. The PMML may photograph or digitally record members, visitors, and guests for broadcast, promotional, and educational purposes. As a visitor to the museum and/or a member of the broadcast recording audience, you are granting the PMML all rights and permission of every kind whatsoever to utilize your appearance, name, image, likeness, voice, written, oral, and electronic comments and statements made or provided in connection with visiting PMML and/or attending our programs and the results and proceeds thereof in any and all manner and media for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising, marketing, and publicity throughout the world in perpetuity, without territorial, time, use, or other limitations. As such, the PMML may use, digitize, modify, edit, manipulate, or change in perpetuity all materials in any and all media and manner throughout the world in any way the PMML may see fit.
The use of any electronic devices to photograph, record, or broadcast the video, audio, or transcript of all or part of any recorded program is prohibited unless permission is granted by PMML. Credentialed members of the media are asked to register with PMML staff in advance for additional materials and assistance.